Monday, July 7, 2008

When I first began posting here, one of my intentions was to keep a public "track" of all the times other people have made me stop and say "Wow!" Those times I have had people be kind to me or someone else - I am so thankful for these incidents. They inspire me - this is when I am reminded that God is always working hard on us.

Today, unfortunately, was one of those challenging days that you wish to just be over. After a night of not much sleep and a morning of a lot of deep breaths and reciting Philipians 4:6-7, I made my way to my destination (Domestic Relations court in Brown Co...) On the way there..."BEEEEEEEP" I look down at my dashboard and there is the little battery light shining back at me. Of all days for this to happen (another deep breath please!)

I call Dave...what do I do? Battery, alternator - is it overheating? No. Nothing much to do except hope I can make it to Georgetown and then call if something else happens. After the hearing (continuance - waste of time, btw), car starts (whew) and I head back home. Almost home, that "something" happens. I exit the highway in hopes of being able to pull off so it will be all better. Of course, that didn't happen! So, a tow truck, $70, and a crowded ride to a repair shop ended the afternoon of events. Oh, and Dave came to our rescue (as always) at the repair shop.

While we were sitting along side of the road, I can't remember how many cars passed us by (many), but I do remember how many stopped to ask if we needed any help: Two. One lady asked if we were lost (I was trying to find the road sign to see exactly where we were) and then one gentleman asked if he could help. For all of those that went on by, the two that stopped made up for. I think people are generally afraid to stop - thinking it might be some kind of ruse to rob them. I am not sure how threatning my daughter and I appeared, especially with me in a long skirt and sweater, but I am sure someone was thinking...maybe they're robbers! lol

It was a challenging day but after taking a lot of deep breaths and saying a few thank you's to God for delivering us home safely, we are off to the church to help with events.

We should sleep well tonight! =)

2 comments:

Scott Smith said...

Well Trish, sounds like you had a fairly rough day, it's good to hear that you made it through it! Just remember that God is on your side, and He always wins!

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I just found your blog--it was great to meet you when we were in Ohio. Our move is coming soon!! :)