Thursday, July 10, 2008

Votes seem a little one- (or two) sided...

Of course, the nominees for the dunking booth are simply here for fun...but it may pursuade some of our finest to go for gold! No pressure guys...just because you might be disappointing your biggest fans...that's no reason to step up (or sit down...) Again, this is just for fun, no committments yet! I admit that I might be pursuaded, but I would need lots of encouragement ...and sunscreen. Anybody else? =)

Tonight the posters, flyers, and doorknockers will be ready to hand out to anyone who is willing to hang some up and around the neighborhoods. I will also have these available on Sunday morning so if you can't make it tonight, pick some up Sunday! The only extra work needed will be cutting out the doorknockers - I will be at the church tonight working on those as well.

I received pictures from another church that participated in the Outrigger Island VBS theme. So creative! Giant sand castles made of cardboard, palm trees and beach scenes. Of course, we won't have to worry so much about that as we are so fortunate to have the missions group taking care of the decorations as well as everything else for us. But if we want to decorate some for the Saturday fest, here is the website with ideas. Lifeway VBS Let me know if you see something you think is "do-able" and we can work together to make it happen!

So my car is finished - but we have no idea what went wrong. The mechanic called and left a message stating it is finished - nothing else. He didn't call to tell us what was wrong, how much, when it could be done, or how much. Since it was such a short period of time, I am really hoping that it was something small. Boy, am I hoping. We just had to have our other vehicle repaired so two within one month is a little bit of a strain. Ok, its a lot of strain!

Chris has inspired me to begin reading the Bible every day. (Yes, guilt works well on me.) I have made it to Kings in the past so that is where I will restart. Dave started his journey already so I will have to try to keep up with him.

Back to designing and printing posters and brainstorming for more ideas! Keep praying and thinking about all of our upcoming events and opportunities for Center Pointe. We have such a wonderful group of friends and family - you are all so awesome! Let's all work to get the people around us as excited as we are about the Lord!

2 comments:

Scott Smith said...

Is Ray gonna MAN up and do this? lol I would drop like $20 bucks for 3 balls to knock Ray and Chris into the water lol!

Diana Smith said...

Good question Scott... Are you going to MAN up!!! You are pretty close to Ray and Chris