Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bring it on!

I was looking at my calendar yesterday, trying to plan ahead. With kids and pets, and life in general, sometimes I have to see it in writing. (Other times though, I get too organized and then become unorganized. Makes no sense, huh?)

But honestly, even before I write about what is going on, let me admit that the busier I am, the better I feel. Just ask my family how often I sit still long enough to watch a whole movie. They would probably just laugh because unless I am forced, it doesn't happen. DVR has become my favorite invention.

First -- and the most exciting part!! We (friends at Center Pointe) have been in the beginning stages of planning a huge community festival. It is so awesome to see people excited about reaching out to the Goshen community! We all thought it would have been so nice to have a regular VBS but between the timing and all, we put that as our goal for next year.

Just as we are trying to figure out things for this festival, God stepped in and showed us His plans. Pastor Ray was contacted by Oliver Hawkins of the Cincinnati Baptist Association who said that a group was planning a VBS for another church but that had been cancelled...were we interested? Wow, are we ever! Bring it on! When Ray called me I didn't know what to say at first. Amazed and overwhelmed with just pure awe at the awesome'ness (my word for the day) of God. After I hung up the phone from Ray, I called Dave, of course, all excited and guess what...he already knew =) He said, I already volunteered to make sure the church was open every night for them. He still let me go on and on though.

So, everyone hold the date of July 19 for our big block community celebration (compliments of the Cincy Baptist Assoc) and then starting Monday (July 21) plan for all the children to enjoy a week's worth of fun, worship, and praise. It's going to be big and it’s going to be fantastic. Isn't God wonderful?

We do have other things going on this month, Clermont County Fair horse show, family reunion, etc. One bite at a time though. =)

1 comment:

Diana Smith said...

I have already changed my oncall schedule around just for this!! How great is it that everything just came together. I am in and I will talk to Missy and Trish I am sure they will be too! Let us know what we can do to jump in and help!!!