Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Relief!

Yesterday was a little rough. First, we were concerned about our daughter's horse, Soda - One week before the biggest show of the year (fair) and she was limping. Soda contracted a virus earlier this year, EPM, and unfortunately it is one of those that could have lasting effects which includes weaknesses in the nervous system - problems with coordination. The vet came to see her and the great news is that has a muscle strain in her shoulder which can be relieved through rest and medication - and she'll be fine by next week! Yeah! Erin (all of us) were so relieved. I think I am most proud of her for being so concerned about Soda's well being rather than the fair show. I said to her that I was glad she would get to show and she said..."I don't care, as long as she is okay."

Next, migraine hit me hard yesterday afternoon! I don't remember ever feeling so bad. Thank goodness Dave was there to assist or I don't think I would have made it home! A little bit better today...

If anyone would like to lend some support for Erin at the fair, she will be showing next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at the Clermont County Fairgrounds. The Junior Fair Horse show is so awesome - I had no idea until Erin was involved. I think because it is mostly during the daytime (although it extends into the evening hours as well) and is held towards the rear of the grounds that people don't realize it is there. It is a great show though so if you have time to watch, bring a chair and sit with us under our canopy. Expect about 100 kids with horses to enter the ring!

Scott...you have really gained some momentum! Wow! =-)

2 comments:

Scott Smith said...

My wife, my wife, my wife! She must be going to everyone in her offices computers to vote! I volunteer for 30 minutes, when she is not there!

Diana Smith said...

Wait a minute now! My coworkers voted last week! I have no idea who is voting now, although it is funny! Trish you have to schedule him when I am there say 7ish : )