Wednesday, February 25, 2009

exCUSE me

When you walk into a Sam's club or Costco, they want to see your membership card - why so adamant? I don't know.

Today I entered Costco in Mason (that's Loveland for Christine =)) for the first time and was looking around for the service desk. Right in through the doorway marked "Entrance" there was a counter and I headed towards it. It was a little loud and crowded but I heard this voice exclaiming "ExCUSE me!" so rudely that I had to turn around. There were two ladies, dressed in all the latest styles, staring at me. One then said "I need to see your membership card before you go in" I said to her, "Wow, that was really rude." She said "No I'm not. You have to show your membership card." Hello? Is this their customer service representative?

This is how the rest of it went:

ME: "Well, I'm a new member and I don't have one yet. I was looking for the service desk but now I think I will just cancel my membership." (I walk on toward the counter)

2nd LADY AT THE DOOR follows me to the counter: (speaking rudely, shaking her head at me) "She wasn't rude, we are required to ask."

ME: (amazed that this woman just followed me to tell me I was wrong) "That is my opinion and that was rude."

2nd LADY: "No, she wasn't"

ME: (still looking with amazement) "I really don't care."
To the lady behind the counter: "I'm here to cancel my membership."

2nd LADY: "Well, she wasn't"

ME: (simply stare at her with a look of what part of "I don't care" don't you understand?!)

There was more but just know that we are loyal to Sam's now.

Sam's Club and Wal Mart may have elderly people greeting you, but I have never had any of them speak rudely to me or for goodness sake, chase after me to tell how I was wrong and they were right. Maybe Costco should put elderly people at the door - that way they probably can't chase you down. =)

4 comments:

Sarah S said...

We had a costco membership given as a gift when we bought our house...we didn't like it there either. We like our sam's membership much more but we did not renew after 2 years of that.

Unknown said...

That settles it..we'll be Sams people forever now...or until we can't afford to be, hehehe.

Jared said...

I haven't ever been to Costco, but now will probably never go. I am so relieved to have Sam's to go to.

Ray Brock said...

I think we need to go beat 'em up! Then tell them we all work at Sam's!! (gang war)

Besides Sams'Club donated a lot to CP. Does that make Costco anti-Christian? Don't know but maybe it just makes them anti-people.