Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What? A fun day at work?

It's nice to have a fun day at work. I have been tasked with packing up an office building over the next couple of days and although that doesn't sound like much fun, it was actually enjoyable today because my co-workers are great. We had to start our journey at the peak of this morning's snow storm - it was really bad on the roads and we had a lot of pit stops to make. With a 4-wheel drive truck and a smile on our faces, we headed out and made it safely to our destination. There was some intentional slipping and sliding and a lot of laughing. We had lunch out together and it's amazing what you find to talk about.

I have been feeling like the old-new kid on the block the last couple of months. Most of my new team sits on the direct opposite side of the building so I don't get to interact much with them. Lately though, we have been spending more time together and I am really enjoying getting to know each one. I know that all but two of the team are Christian - we share our faith with each other comfortably and that is so fantastic! Today I discovered that one guy not only sings with his church and is putting together a youth night of music for them, but whose stepfather and uncles have a fairly well-known group called "Voice Won."

So cool =)

No comments: