Sunday, January 18, 2009

Breaking Habits

New Year's resolutions are usually about creating good habits - or in reality, breaking bad ones. Not an easy task though sometimes. Here's where self discipline comes in.

So, wouldn't it be nice to have some reliable tips for kicking these habits?

If you have any helpful hints for others on a habit you have broken, are working on, etc., comment it here!

First, always begin any journey with prayer!

Next, here are two of mine:

Smoking - I smoked off and on for years. Finally, I quit and I found it helpful to drink a whole glass of water whenever I had a craving. It killed the urge. It also helped to have type of hard candy handy.
I have been cigarette free for eight years

Drinking out of the milk jug - Buy your milk from Sam's! No way you can drink from that thing without it going all down the front of yourself... =)

4 comments:

Diana Smith said...

lol Wasnt there a few that had that habbit at CP. They should try the Sam's milk

Congrats to you on not smoking for 8 years. WOW! That is the habbit I need to work on.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I tried drinking out of a Sams jug once and spilled all down myself!

Lisa said...

I wish I had some advice.When I orginally quit smoking the first time for 4 yrs.I just put them down and that's the way it will have to be this time. Congrats on 8 yrs!!!!

Sarah S said...

Way to go on 8 years of not smoking!