Tuesday, March 24, 2009

When you're ready, I'll be here

I have been struggling with what to tell my son. He's angry and confused and frustrated, and so on and so on... He is a great person who has lost sight - he's lost his way.

He won't answer my calls and I don't know where he is. So, I thought I would text him from my daughter's phone and just simply say "When you're ready, I'll be here."

This phrase got me to thinking -- isn't this what God is always telling us?
He's there, He's waiting. We just have to go to Him.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That last phrase brought tears to my eyes. It is so true! It reminds me of the prodigal son. I have been the "prodigal son"!

Praying for you...*hugs*

Diana Smith said...

We have went through that with Robin. It is so hard to watch someone you love so much hurting. Praying for you and your son!

Lisa said...

I'm praying for you Trish and your son! Have you ever thought about writing? You are so good at it! I'm giving you HUGS too!!!

Sarah S said...

I have been thinking about you and your son so much lately. I just wish that there was some way for him to open his eyes to see that you really care about him. I will keep praying for you guys.

Trish Begley said...

It was a tough decision - making him move out - but we had no other choice. I don't feel guilty for doing that but that doesn't make it any less painful. Thank you all for your caring - it is very much appreciated!