Sunday, October 5, 2008

a new week

I have been telling everyone that this week is going to be grand. Over the last three weeks we have had one week of no electric, no water. One week of vacation (extremely fun but extremely tiring.) One week of recuperating from vacation, battling a sinus infection, little sleep, and beginning a new position at work while hosting sales training for 12 out-of-town guests. This coming week is going to be the start of a new era - new organization - new found energy!! I am gearing-up with nothing but positive thoughts and ideas!

When I returned from vacation, I knew that it was going to be hectic at work. I was officially starting a new position (definitely good), and would be moved to another area. Unfortunately, my furniture was delayed so when I came back ready to go, I really had no place to go. My old location had been filled by a new hire and my new office space was empty except for a phone and phonebook on the floor. I did find my new laptop and I was able to get help with a makeshift table and chair so all was good. Of course, I didn't have any of my "stuff" so there were roadblocks everywhere I turned. I needed to print something quickly - had to map the network drive and the printer. I needed to work with an old document - was on CD somewhere in one of those boxes behind me. It all worked out though and the few small things are definitely worth the change.

Have you seen the children we have in our church? They are simply amazing. They are all such great kids with such great energy. Exuberant. The biggest challenge is keeping ahead of them in thought. Before I even finish a question, someone is ready to answer. I hate to reel them back in when they get excited like that but to keep it fun and half-way organized, sometimes it has to be done. One word we talk about a lot is "Cooperation." lol It works...most of the time =) Kudos to all of them for coming to church and for participating in such a great way.

2 comments:

? said...

hi...this is my very first visit and please accept my compliments.

We both have an interest in literature and this is an introduction and invitation to my blog and if you would like to make a counter visit I would like to stop by again regularly to comment.

Do you like books and have you read any books by Salman Rushdie? I feel your blog is very interesting and worth my time...also I feel we can learn from each other.

Hope to see you soon.
With my very best wishes

Diana Smith said...

hopefully things will start slowing down and coming together nicely soon.