Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bring on the rain!

Seriously, bring on the rain! Our well has been dry for weeks. We have had our third water delivery and I hope its the last.

This week has been great so far! I have to admit that my energy level is still not up to where I want it to be (falling asleep by 9:30 every night - how sad is that?) but my attitude has definitely improved. As soon as I shake this congestion, I know my energy will increase.

Has anyone else been receiving strange comments on their blog? I have mine setup so that I have to approve any that come through and I had a strange one last week. I let it go past but now i am wondering what's up. I read a very weird comment on another blog - very strange.

We're going to have another children's ministry meeting - probably the 19th, right after service. There are a lot of cool things coming up so let's get ready to rock!

If you have considered volunteering on the children's ministry team, come to our meeting and see what's what and who's who. Being involved doesn't always mean spending time in a classroom. There are so many opportunities available!!! Decorating, planning, snacks, outreach, parties, etc.

From the beginning I have said that this is a gift-based ministry. If your gift is coming up with ideas, then there is room for you on the team. If your gift is patience with children, then you are needed. If your gift is baking wonderful treats (hint hint Missy...), then join us! Our children are already wonderful disciples of Christ. They only need guidance, encouragement, and love to keep them going forward. Our group is growing every week - isn't it great?

By the way, in case I haven't said this lately -- THANK YOU!!! To everyone that has given time, energy, food, and supplies. Thank You Thank You Thank You

4 comments:

Sarah S said...

YEAH for the rain! I hope it rains alot for you guys!

Unknown said...

I can do the snacks thing or baby nursery. I have no patience for kids over three or four though (Just being honest), haha. Just let me know what ya need.

No weird comments on mine...

Missy M said...

I can take a hint...LOL. I love to bake so I could definitely use that for helping out the children's ministry more.

Sarah S said...

I talked to my mom yesterday and she was saying how awesome it was for it to rain so you wouldn't have to get more water