Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting to know you

It was a classic V-8 Moment. We all have those moments when an idea or thought hits you and you smack yourself on the forehead. (Hopefully others aren't doing that to you. If they are, sorry, can't help there...)

I had one of those moments yesterday. I was visiting with a church family member who is in the hospital and realized that I have never taken the time to get to know her. I've seen her at church and even outside of church but shame on me for not taking the time to really find out who she is and what she's about! As I was sitting there talking with her about the weather and kids and television shows, I wanted to smack myself right in the forehead but she probably would have not wanted to get to know me better then.. =)

Sunday mornings are hectic - I am so busy trying to get ready for service and all that I don't have the brain space a lot of times to process much more. But that is no excuse really. For me, it's going to start being about others who are coming in and maybe needing someone there to listen or to hug or to just say Hi. Got to turn off the chatter inside and open my eyes a little more.

What a shame it would be to miss out on an opportunity to know you better.

No comments: