Monday, September 15, 2008

Us too

Like many in the Ohio Valley, we are without electric. It's difficult to be without it when it comes to food because we rely so heavily upon things we can keep cold or microwave. But, the worst we'll ever be is okay and we are. I was looking forward to sitting around in the dark and having a good conversation and some laughs with my family - they just wanted to go to bed! So, I turned on my Ipod and watched the only movie I have on it. In the dark. Just me and the dog. Lucky for me that he at least enjoys my company. (just kidding fam...)

I was able to go to work today because we have a generator that will maintain all of our network connections for all of Belcan. Otherwise, our entire company would be down which isn't exactly cost effective =) I was told that other companies (eg GE) were turning away people at the guard shack.

Our small group meeting last night was most excellent. We didn't need electric to discuss Jesus and the Bible! And we even got to have a snack while everyone sang Happy Birthday to Dave. He turned up his hearing aids just for the occasion. (I'll pay for that comment later...)

2 comments:

Missy M said...

I still do not have power at home either, but there is power at work so of course I still had to come into work. Trish's work does not have power so she got to stay home...arghh...LOL. I really wish that the power would come back on soon!

Unknown said...

We have power and everything. If you guys need anything let us know!