Friday, September 5, 2008

Childrens' rooms coming along!

Thanks to the work of many, the childrens' rooms are coming together nicely! The room for 0 - 3 (forever known now as the "green" room), looks great! Missy, Trish, and I "observed" the room for a few hours last night and have some ideas to really brighten it up even more. We moved in furniture to give it that lived-in look and it works well. We will be at the church on Saturday morning to plow away at the other room - if anyone wants to join us, just give me a call or shoot me an email for time, etc.

We were a little late arriving at the church last evening due to attending a funeral for Dave's cousin's son, Clayton - he was three years old. He had a rare illness. I had never experienced a child's services so I wasn't sure what to expect. As heartbreaking as it was to attend a funeral for a child, it was an endearing setup. There were posters full of pictures and other memory tokens as well as a camcorder with a video playing of the little guy - people were smiling and laughing at his beautiful little face while their tears streamed. Very sad to have lost his life so young but how glorious that he now has no suffering or pain and is in heaven with the Lord! He touched many lives, of course, and none will be the same. Please pray for Clayton's family. They are hurting and will need plenty of support while they heal. Here is his obituary.

1 comment:

Sarah S said...

I cannot wait to see the rooms all finished! I am sorry that I have been unable to help since the first night.