Monday, August 11, 2008

Letting go

Philipians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

This past week has been a roller coaster ride. Up and roaring one day and down in the valley the next, wondering how to get out of there. One of the biggest problems I face in my daily walk is stopping this urge I have in trying to control a situation without praying about it first (I lost sight of my tree...Thanks to Melissa B. for reminding me =) ) Since I let it all go and prayed, the situations have all calmed down and I feel more at ease today. It is just amazing that solutions become clearer once I stop trying to take control. I always tell my family - I'll figure it out, that's my job. Little do they know that for the past few years, my "figuring" it out has meant going to God in prayer. First, I thank him for each and every struggle I have because these have only made me stronger in faith and then I ask him for even more strength for current situations. It just blows me away when the more I let go, the faster a resolution comes. I just have to keep reminding myself - make it an absolute/no excuses habit - pray first and let God take the wheel.

2 comments:

Ray Brock said...

Amen.... that'll preach sister!!!

Sarah S said...

This has been the theme in my life lately. It is hard to let go of the control